Jake Paul has insisted his fight with Mike Tyson is still happening despite the boxing legend’s health scare.

The two boxers are set to clash in Arlington, Texas on July 20, and the 27-year-old star has played down speculation it might be cancelled after Tyson, 57, felt “nauseous and dizzy due to an ulcler flare-up” during a flight from Miami to Los Angeles on Monday.

Addressing some reports about his opponent’s condition on X, formerly Twitter,, Jake insisted people have made things up “before knowing the facts”, and added: “Nothing changed #PaulTyson”

The former heavyweight champion had his ulcer flare-up 30 minutes before his American Airlines flight landed, and paramedics got on the plane to assist the sports star.

Tyson’s rep told People magazine in a statement: “He is appreciative to the medical staff that were there to help him.”

The flight had been delayed for two hours before taking off, but a rep confirmed Tyson’s health scare wasn’t the cause of the delay, which was actually down to an “air conditioning issue on the aircraft”.

Meanwhile, the fight looks set to go ahead, and the legendary boxer is “looking forward” to the challenge.

He previously said: “I’m very much looking forward to stepping into the ring with Jake Paul at the AT and T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

“He’s grown significantly as a boxer over the years, so it will be a lot of fun to see what the will and ambition of a ‘kid’ can do with the experience and aptitude of a GOAT.

“It’s a full circle moment that will be beyond thrilling to watch; as I started him on his boxing journey on the undercard of my fight with Roy Jones and now I plan to finish him.”

Jake recently described facing Mike as the “ultimate test of warfare”.

He told TMZ Sports: “I’m going to have to manage the nerves and excitement.

“This is my ultimate test of warfare and that excites me.”