Living Things International Arts Festival
Tuesday, January 23 12:00 AM
The LIVING THINGS INTERNATIONAL ARTS FESTIVAL fills a vital niche in the Okanagan Valley’s cultural fabric, featuring boundary pushing contemporary theatre, music, dance, animated films, visual art and multi-media performances from international artists at the height of their game. LIVING THINGS animates venues across Kelowna’s cultural district during the winter season in collaboration with UBC Okanagan’s Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies, the Rotary Centre for the Arts, the Alternator Gallery, the Black Box Theatre and Skin and Bones Music Series. For the 2018 festival (our second edition), artists from France, Australia, Toronto, Vancouver and the Okanagan region will be performing in our Cultural District as well as on UBC’s Okanagan campus. There is something for everyone in the LIVING THINGS FESTIVAL, from children’s puppet theatre to a challenging, live exploration of what might constitute a ‘foreign radical’ in contemporary Canada. We are also presenting a world premiere jazz trio at the KCT, experimental video and visual art at the New Art Centre, spoken word performances, and other events. LIVING THINGS is a new force in Kelowna, offering contemporary, audacious performances that resist traditional categories and demand a playful, inquisitive audience.
Check out our website for full details on events this month.
- Wednesday, January 24 12:00 AM
- Thursday, January 25 12:00 AM
- Friday, January 26 12:00 AM
- Saturday, January 27 12:00 AM
- Sunday, January 28 12:00 AM
- Monday, January 29 12:00 AM
- Tuesday, January 30 12:00 AM
- Wednesday, January 31 12:00 AM
- Thursday, February 1 12:00 AM
- Friday, February 2 12:00 AM
- Saturday, February 3 12:00 AM
- Sunday, February 4 12:00 AM