Jason Priestley isn't confident BH90210 will be picked up by another another network after being dropped by Fox earlier this year.
The original Beverly Hills, 90210 cast reunited without the late Luke Perry for a six-episode limited series, titled BH90210, over the summer, and fans hoped there would be more, but Fox bosses have decided not to bring the project back.
"We are so proud to have reunited in a very special summer event one of the network's legacy series and casts with 90210 fans across the country," a network statement read.
And while several U.S. TV shows have been picked up by rival networks after being dropped by their original home, Jason doesn't think the same fate is in store for BH90210.
"I don't think that's going to happen," he told Entertainment Tonight at KIIS FM'S iHeartRadio Jingle Ball in California on Friday. "Unfortunately it's not the first TV series I've been on that's been canceled, and it probably won't be the last."
Original stars Priestley, Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, Ian Ziering, Brian Austin Green and Gabrielle Carteris returned to play heightened versions of themselves in the revived show, and Jason admitted while future episodes were in the pipeline, they "just didn't come to pass".
"But we certainly had our fun making the episodes, and it was nice to work with that group of people again," he said, adding, "I guess it was what it was."